Thursday, February 4, 2016

Gearing Up

 I think all of the laboring over the butterfly images fried my brain and my computer. Giving both a chance to rest, I am now looking toward working through the hundreds of images of dragonflies that sit on my PC.
 As I started the process this afternoon, I found these four images taken during late summer that accidentally got dumped in my Insect Folder. I found them particularly nice to look at during deep winter days.
 Shown here from top to bottom are: A Blackpoll Warbler; a Black-throated Green Warbler; a very young Ruby-crowned Kinglet and a very striking adult Common Yellowthroat Warbler.
In August and September, we can always count on seeing Common Yellowthroats, but we can not always catch sight of a mature male. This is probably one of the best specimens of this species I have seen.

And so.... I am going to begin the work on the dragonflies. After all, what was the point of struggling to photograph them if I don't share those I can identify.

No comments:

Post a Comment