Wednesday, December 10, 2014

A Bright Light

 Finding a couple of hours yesterday morning, I headed out to try to see the Rose-breasted Grosbeak, Pine Warbler and the Eastern Towhee. Well, one out of three is not bad.
 I went to Bowring Park and rushed straight toward the railway bed to look for the Pine Warbler. I was ascending the steps to the trail as I caught sight of movement in a tree. Stopping mid-way up the stairs, I spotted a Brown Creeper. That's not a bird I see often, so I stopped to watch it creep around the tree.
 Then, out of nowhere, in flew a female Downy Woodpecker. Another bird I don't see often, I was already satisfied with my outing.
As the Downy flew off, in flew the Pine Warbler and landed in a tree just feet from me. The sun shone brightly on it, and the Pine Warbler seemed to enjoy the bit of warmth the sun offered up on a very cold morning.
Sometimes, I work so hard to see a bird and never lay eyes on it, but yesterday morning, I stopped in just the right place to enjoy three great birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment