Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Remarkable

I just popped into Nature Blog Network's bird blog list. I was surprised to find my site sitting at #40 out of 537 listed blogs. That is the top 7%.

Then, I had a look at Fat Birder's list and found my site is #168 out of 1196 bird blogs. That places it in the top 14% of worldwide bird blogs. I am absolutely astounded.

This says a lot about the world's interest in birding in Newfoundland.

Maybe if I put in a little more work, I can move the blog even more up the list.

Alvan Buckley's encouragement has also elevated the province's profile on eBird. That, too, will serve to increase public interest in birding in this province. Birding individuals and tours coming to this province are treated to top notch guides and great birds. We have some of the most knowledgeable and enthusiastic birders in the world living right here.

I find it really remarkable how when a community pulls together, great things can happen.

Pictured above: Margie McMillan's Ruby.

No comments:

Post a Comment