Saturday, July 14, 2012

Breakfast on the Edge

Cape Spear is one of our provincial treasures that just keeps on giving. Whales of a variety of species put in an appearance there; rare birds just keep showing up as well as passing sea birds. I never know what I will see at the Cape, and that is the lure of returning time after time to see just what surprises it might hold.
Once again, the Cape did not disappoint. As I rounded the trail on my way to the point, a rare sight caught my attention near the WW II bunkers - fine dining at its best.  In this case it was the location that made the breakfast so fine. Continental breakfast while watching Humpback and Minke Whales, Atlantic Puffins, Murres, diving Northern Gannets and shearwaters, what could be better than that?

I saw a McCarthy Tour Bus in the lot and think the special breakfast was a part of their tour package.  Tourism in Newfoundland just continues to grow in numbers and quality - most impressive!

No comments:

Post a Comment