Monday, February 7, 2011

Seven Bottles of Beer ......

 Celebrations are associated with all sorts of activities and birdwatching is no different. I learned this weekend that it is a tradition (for some) to celebrate the viewing of each new "life" bird. This may take the form of a little shot or maybe even a special chocolate!

I started to explore to see if there are any other traditions that I might be missing out on. The Google query yielded many different traditions associated with birdwatching in other cultures but nothing stood out as being universal. This interests me and I will continue to do some reading on this topic.

Having added two new "life" birds this weekend I want to be sure that I don't miss out on any "zelebrations," as my granddaughter would say. I may need a lot of shot glasses in order to catch up!

No comments:

Post a Comment